Active substance: prednisolone
Prednisolone AIWA 20 mg belongs to a group of medicines called steroids. Their full name is corticosteroids.
Applications of Prednisolone 5 mg:
- It is used to treat inflammatory and auto-immune conditions including:
- allergies, including severe allergic reactions
- inflammation affecting the:
lungs, including asthma, blood vessels and heart, bowel or kidneys, muscles and joints, including rheumatoid arthritis, eye or nervous system
- skin conditions
- some infections
- some cancers, including leukaemia, lymphoma and myeloma
- to prevent organ rejection after a transplant
- Also to boost steroid levels when the body is not making enough natural steroid on its own
- and to treat high calcium levels
- 20 mg in packages with 20 tablets
For risks and side effects, read the leaflet and ask your doctor or pharmacist.