Active substance: ciprofloxacin
Ciprofloxacin AIWA 500 mg is an antibiotic belonging to the fluoroquinolone group. Ciprofloxacin works by killing bacteria that cause infections. It only works with specific strains of bacteria.
Applications of Ciprofloxacin AIWA 500 mg:
- certain respiratory tract infections
In acute exacerbation of a chronic bronchitis or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), Ciprofloxacin AIWA should only be used if other antibiotics commonly recommended to treat these infections are considered unsuitable.
- certain types of long-lasting or recurring ear or sinus inflammation.
- certain urinary tract infections.
In uncomplicated acute inflammations of the bladder, Ciprofloxacin AIWA® should only be used if other antibiotics commonly recommended to treat these infections are considered unsuitable.
- genital infections in men and women.
- gastrointestinal tract infections and infections of the abdominal cavity.
- certain skin and soft tissue infections.
- bone and joint infections.
- prevention of infections due to the bacterium Neisseria meningitidis.
- treatment after inhalation of anthrax.
- 10 film-coated tablets for oral use
For risks and side effects, read the leaflet and ask your doctor or pharmacist.